OREGON BALLET THEATRE

 

Photo: Michael Linsmeier.
Photo by Joni Kabana.

Thank You for Making Our Community a Better Place to Live

Kevin IrvingDear Friend,

This December I can look back on close to six months here in Portland with Oregon Ballet Theatre – and it has been a time of intense work and incredible inspiration. I am inspired by the artists of OBT, by the staff and board of this incredible organization – and I am also inspired by people like you.

People like you are the reason we do what we do. It is with your generous support that we are able to:

Perform compelling and diverse artistic works that create economic opportunity.
Our productions of classic and new works bring the most dynamic ballet pieces to a continually expanding and diverse audience. As a participant in Arts for All, we are proud to offer tickets to Oregon Trail Card holders for just $5.00, sharing the magic of dance with low-income families. At the same time, with live music, sets, and costumes, our productions provide work for local artists. Supporting local artists makes Portland a thriving cultural community and a better place for all of us to live.

Infographic - Bolero

A gift of $40 can underwrite the cost of the paper snow used during one performance of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker.

Bring transformative arts education and outreach to underserved children.
From field trips to our studios for at-risk youth to classroom residencies that integrate dance with academic subject content, OBT reaches and inspires young minds through its Education Outreach programming. Many of these programs are provided at little to no cost to the participants. Studies have shown that students with arts involvement are more likely to stay in school and increase their academic achievement; a higher percentage of these students then go on to attend college and become active participants in their communities.

Infographic - Education Outreach

A gift of just $100 can send five educationally disadvantaged students to a Student Performance Series production and enhance their academic experience and capabilities.

Encourage the growth of the next generation.
At the School of OBT we seek to enhance the development of our students both as dancers and people. With over 200 students, many of whom study on scholarship, we provide the highest quality education from professional instructors in a nurturing environment. Our former students have gone on to dance with companies such as the New York City Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, and the San Francisco Ballet – in addition to Oregon Ballet Theatre.

Infographic - School of OBT

A gift of $200 can open the door to a talented child’s future by helping to fund a need-based scholarship.

All this is made possible for our community because our community invests in us. Ticket sales account for only 48% of our annual operating budget. The other 52% comes from people like you. People who believe the arts matter. People who believe in enhancing the quality of life for our community. People like you who believe in OBT as much as I do.

OBT is your ballet company; invest in it today to ensure its tomorrows.

In gratitude,
Kevin Irving
Kevin Irving
Artistic Director

P.S. Please consider a tax-deductible year-end gift today. Your investment in OBT will touch the lives of so many in our community.

 

Donate online or call us at 503.227.0977.

Official PayPal Seal


Infographic - Teaching Artists
Infographic - Iraq Visitors
Infographic - OBT Exposed
Infographic - Free Tickets
Infographic - Nutcracker roles
Infographic - DREAM costumes

Pictured: Artur Sultanov, Xuan Cheng, Michael Linsmeier and Alison Roper.
Photos by Blaine Truitt Covert.

OBT / National Endowment for the Arts Oregon Arts Commission Regional Arts & Culture Council Work for Art Portland Monthly
Work for Art